Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 4 and 5

Well, I missed last week but I'm not going to sweat it because it's just a blog! Ha ha!
One of the happiest things in life (at least, in my life) is a tax return! Yay for tax returns! Without them I wouldn't have some of the fun things in life, like a new computer or, this year, a new TV! What fun it is to have some money to go buy something you aren't able to otherwise. No, we're not rich and we don't have a lot but we are able to enjoy a few extras once in awhile because of good ol' Uncle Sam. (Just so you know, our previous TV was purchased in 1997...)
So, for the other good news in my life, well, it's all about being healthy. I've actually improved my physical self a little by working out and Lee and I have been studying about vitamins and minerals and all that kind of thing. We came across several things on the internet and through various people and places and it is a very curious thing, the human body. According to the things we have learned so far we have decided that anyone who doesn't believe in a higher power being in control hasn't studied enough on this subject. It is amazing how this world works and how everything connects. Here's an example.
This past week we learned about bones and how calcium works in the bones. We are going to try some supplements that are supposed to help in the rejuvenating process and keep your bones healthy. I'm excited to try it because I have, of late, begun to feel old. I'll keep a short journal of it here. It should be interesting to see just how everything works...
Oh, got a new haircut (see picture above) and it made me feel fresh and alive. It's cool how a simple thing like that can make you feel better some times!
I'm working on a couple books but my laptop has decided to be slow so Lee has been reloading the software and getting rid of things so I can use it again. I'm getting close to the end of Tymberfeld 2. My nephew Michael has been editing a little for me and it has helped a lot. Wish I'd had him around before my first book went out! :)
I have been searching forever (it seems) for my favorite quote and could not find it, not even online. I was going through some scrapbook things the other day and came across it. So I am going to post it here because it is very profound, I believe. It's from the book "Windwalker" by Blaine Yorgason. Here it is:
"One cannot submit to evil without encouraging evil to grow. Each time a man gives up a principle, each time he allows evil to destroy what he knows is right, or good, he is saying to evil, 'This man supports you.'"
With that in mind, let's make this a great world by making ourselves better.
Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your haircut! How exciting to get a new TV! On the supplements- I have been taking a B-Complex, LOVE IT, I feel less stressed, more relaxed, I sleep soundly, and wake up feeling ..YOUNGER! Really!

    ReplyDelete