Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 3


Well, it has been a great year so far and I can only see more great things from where I sit, so I'm looking forward to it!
This last week I attended my first nutrition class at Curves and we all started our "Boot Camp" stuff, which includes a healthy, high-protein diet and exercising. My friend Jennifer and I are on the same team so we are keeping each other going. I have to keep a eating journal and I practiced last week and let me tell you, it was eye-opening. So I am hoping to lose some serious weight over the next few weeks.
Anyway, I have been working hard on some craft stuff and put a few new things on etsy. That's pretty much my job now. I am almost finished with my first crocheted Barbie dress-hopefully I will have it to post next week!
Lee and I attended a cub scout workshop and it was motivating. I'm excited to really get going with my Webelos. I only have one right now but it is so much fun to work with these boys. They are fun and full of energy, which frustrates Lee but makes me feel young! I love how 10 year old boys think - which isn't much of the time - but they are crazy and young and silly and I can totally relate! We do have a lot of fun. I miss Cameron, Zach and Caleb - who have all moved on to 11-year old scouts, but Jarsden is a great kid and next month we will get Paul. Lee is the Cubmaster now and it's kind of funny to watch him because he always grumps around saying how he hates kids yet I know he can really enjoy it if we get him in his little boy mode. Funny how I can complain that he acts like a ten year old but when they are around, he is suddenly a grumpy old man and I'm the ten year old. Oh well, we are having fun with our callings and being able to enjoy being together on Sunday during Sunday School.
I am getting ready to run the second book fair at the junior high and am trying to get together some ideas for getting people to come buy books, so that will keep me busy for a couple months as well. Lylia will graduate from high school in May and her mother will be here for a couple weeks, so we will probably do some traveling in June. We want to take her to California and Utah as well as Yellowstone and some other places. Hopefully we can save enough money to take them on a fun trip.
Well, that's this week in a nutshell. Oh, I'm reading the Percy Jackson series and it is very interesting and fun. I love Greek mythology so I love the stories. Good read if you like young adult books.
So, have a great week yourselves and remember: Success comes in cans, not can'ts.

No comments:

Post a Comment