Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 2


I have been getting into my crafting a bit more lately and even started a new Barbie 1900's wedding dress in crochet thread, finished a dove doily, created a new style hat and sewed an apron that's pretty darn cute! I enjoy this kind of thing but like variety so I keep several projects going at a time so I don't get bored.
The big news is that Lee and I made a budget, stuck to it, and actually paid our bills (including rent and tithing!) and had a little left over to go out to dinner. Yay Us! We were so happy and it felt really good to finally be so organized and on top of things.
We have also been doing better at Family Night and reading scriptures. I've even cooked dinner a lot more lately!
This week I would like to say how thankful I am to have my wonderful children. Each of them has been a great blessing and I know they are all meant to be a part of my life, including Bryce (my son-in-law) and Lylia (my exchange student). My children have each filled a part of my heart and soul with their personalities and loving, goofy ways. With all that we went through to decide on which exchange student to have come to our home, I know that Lylia was meant to be with us this year. She is a very special girl and we couldn't have asked for anyone more loving and sweet! And Bryce has been brought to our family by roundabout means but he is a great blessing to us because he is a great blessing to Shauna. We couldn't ask for a more caring, loving, perfect man to take care of our daughter. I really am filled!
This next week I hope to get some projects done and to start my new "Boot Camp" work out at Curves. I have been working out since December 4th and I feel so good. I've lost a little bit around my waist and am stoked that I will be getting into better shape! I love it. This summer we will be able to go hiking and boating and lots of other things more because I will be in good shape. At least, that's the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment